Blood and Short-Tail Pythons Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood and Short-Tail Pythons Forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Binders and records

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddy Nester

Buddy Nester

Binders and records Empty
PostSubject: Binders and records   Binders and records I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 am

I went thru and changed from id cards to a book and numbers,I number all the females with yellow tabs and numbers,and the males with red ones,then look by index thru the binder for that number,I keep feeding shedding and when i put in males and take them out,every little detail

Back to top Go down
Jerry Sahloff

Jerry Sahloff

PostSubject: Re: Binders and records   Binders and records I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I keep an Excel spreadsheet with charts on each animal which I regularly print out to keep a hard copy in case of data loss. The copies go into a binder with blue tabs for the females and white for the males.

I track feeding, what they ate, when they defecate (short tails only), in shed, the day they shed, copulation, weights on a somewhat regular basis and when they refuse to feed. I feel like I'm forgetting something too.

All of them gets an ID number, twelve characters in four groups of three which denotes the collection number, species, when I got it, if it was born here or acquired, and male or female.
Back to top Go down
http://BlueBloodPythons.com
JimWetherall

JimWetherall

PostSubject: Re: Binders and records   Binders and records I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Similar to Jerry I keep detailed spreadsheets on all of my Pythons. Data logged includes feeding dates, what type of feeder that was offered, the weight of the feeder and whether the animal in question strike fed, drop fed or refused the meal. Defecation: date and whether it was urates or faeces. Weight: recorded after ecdysis. Length: taken periodically. Shedding: date and whether the shed was perfect or if assistance was required. I even record dates that I handle any of my Pythons, if an aggressive response to handling is displayed then it also gets noted. I don't keep paper copies of these spreadsheets but they are backed up onto my external hard drive and also copied to my work computer periodically.
Yeah, I love data and I am offically sad!!
Back to top Go down
Jerry Sahloff

Jerry Sahloff

PostSubject: Re: Binders and records   Binders and records I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Join the club!
Back to top Go down
http://BlueBloodPythons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Binders and records   Binders and records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Binders and records
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood and Short-Tail Pythons Forum :: General Care and Husbandry :: Record Keeping-
Jump to: